Lesson TWO – Business plans for the next year
- What do you think this year will be like?
- In a commercial point of view?
- Yes. Will it be better or worse than last year?
- It will be the same.
- Will you have any new products?
- For example?
- For example the Blue Ray Player.
- What does it do? What can it do?
- It plays films that are 3D.
- When will you start selling it?
- Selling it will start in May.
- Is it an expensive thing?
- Not particularly.
- How many do you think you will sell till the end of the year?
- Two or three hundred.
- Will you advertise it on TV?
- No, we won’t. We will advertise it on the Internet.
- How do your actions work nowadays… looking at the expense-profit rate / relationship?
- Sometimes we can’t tell if people buy more things because of actions.
- Do you deal with change-actions?
- Yes, of course. About 15%.
- And what kind of goods are they?
- People usually bring back TVs, fridges and washing machines.
- And what do you do with them?
- We sell them to Electrocord. They will prepare them for recycling.
- What about smaller things? For example hair-dryers, microwave ovens, small radios, etc.?
- We have to store or collect them, but people don’t like to bring them back; they usually put them into trashcans.
- Any other new actions or campaigns nowadays?
- We’ll have an environmental friendly or eco-friendly group of products.
- Why are they like that?
- These products are very economical and making them is environmental friendly, too.
- What products are they?
- They are washing machines, microwave-ovens, freezers, dishwashers, irons and domestic appliances.
- How much will they be cheaper?
- This is an interesting question. These products are more expensive than other products, but using them can save a lot of money for buyers.
BRAIN STORMING, 2010-11
GPSV practices for (top) managers – talking about business, work and others (in easy English – 2